Position Details: Automation Engineer
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, logical and verifiable.
- Maintain effective communication with developers throughout the software development life cycle.
- Create and maintain methods and test plans for new and existing products.
- Execute test methodologies in order to verify functionality and performance ahead of release to the customers.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities and methodologies.
- Design, develop and document test automation and application frameworks
- Design, develop and document sophisticated test automation class libraries
- Help identify and implement testability features (such as detection mechanisms) in the application components under test
- Help to define, establish, and improve QA metrics across various platform components
- Provide mentorship and training to other QA engineers in coding guidelines/test
- Coach other Quality Engineers in best software engineering practices in test automation and design
Experience and Skills required:
- Enrolled in or have completed a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 6+ years as a QA Test Automation Engineer
- 5+ years coding experience in Perl, Python, Java or C/C++
- Ability to gain an understanding of complex systems, how they integrate, and their operation in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Experience with Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, MRCP, DNS
- A Strong technical background that ideally includes exposure to Java based development architecture, Linux, SQL, SCM, and Agile methodology.
- SDLC/Process Improvement
- Strong knowledge of automation tools and frameworks such as Selenium, JUnit, and TestNG
- Experience working in a Java/J2EE environment
- Experience debugging and capturing backend failures and network issues
- QA planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail/thoroughness
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to multi-task
- Experience using testing tools such as JMeter, NUnit or Selenium
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Ruby, Python or Perl
- Experience with continuous automation/test tools such as Jenkins/Hudson
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL