Position Details: Software Engineer - Data and tools
Position Title: Software Engineer – Data & Tools
Location : Bangalore
- Develop the data preprocessing pipeline for our machine learning technology, in close cooperation with the other engineers and scientists on the team.
- Build database and reporting for tracking key metrics on pipeline effectiveness and to promote data reuse.
- Build reporting and analytics component of the production system, to track usage and performance.
- Develop tools for collecting and preprocessing supplemental data, including a web scraping capability.
- Continuously improve and extend these systems as technology evolves and functionality expands.
- Participate in our Agile development processes, including daily standup meetings.
Experience and Skills required:
- Fluent in python development in a Linux environment
- Experience with standard software development processes (source control, unit testing, documentation, agile methods, …)
- Working knowledge of databases, including experience with each of relational and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Looker
- Working knowledge of data engineering concepts and functions, including data pipelines, pre-processing for machine learning, encryption, statistical modeling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, independent problem solving
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to demonstrate Interactions values:
- Being passionate about customer service
- Obsessing with our customer’s success
- Respecting each other
- Creating opportunity
- Embracing disruption
- Doing what we say we will do
- Working knowledge of data security best practices
- Experience with basic audio processing functions, such as splitting and merging recordings, silence detection, SNR, streaming, and using codecs.
- Experience with basic text processing concepts and functions, such as regular expressions, spell checking, character encoding and text normalization.
- C/C++ programming skills